Import Export Registration
Import Export Registration
Import Export Registration
OverviewIEC Code is unique 10 digit code issued by DGFT - Director General of Foreign Trade , Ministry of Commerce, Government of India to the Companies.To import or export in India, IEC Code is mandatory. No person or entity shall make any Import or Export without IEC Code Number.RegistrationAn application for grant of IEC number shall be made by the Registered/Head Office of the applicant and apply to the nearest Regional Authority of Directorate General Foreign Trade, the Registered office in case of company and Head office in case of others, falls in the 'Aayaat Niryaat Form - ANF2A' and shall be accompanied by documents prescribed therein. In case of STPI/ EHTP/ BTP units, the Regional Offices of the DGFT having jurisdiction over the district in which the Registered/ Head Office of the STPI unit is located shall issue or amend the IECs.Only one IEC would be issued against a single PAN number. Any proprietor can have only one IEC number and in case there are more than one IECs allotted to a proprietor, the same may be surrendered to the Regional Office for cancellation.
IEC Code Online Application FormThe application can be download Form in PDF or Word. This is called "Aayaat Niryaat Form - ANF2A". Along with IEC Code Number Application Form it is necessary to submit Appendix-18B Attested by Applicant's Banker in his letter head with two passport size photo).An IEC number allotted to an applicant shall be valid for all its branches/divisions/units/factories as indicated in the format of IEC. Where an IEC Number is lost or misplaced, the issuing authority may consider requests for grant of a duplicate copy of IEC number, if accompanied by an affidavit. If an IEC holder does not wish to operate the allotted IEC number, he may surrender the same by informing the issuing authority. On receipt of such intimation, the issuing authority shall immediately cancel the same and electronically transmit it to DGFT for onward transmission to the Customs and Regional Authorities.Application Fee For IEC Code NumberApplication Fee: Rs 250.00Mode of Payment: In Demand Draft of any Bank or Payment through EFT ( Electronic Fund Transfer by Nominated Bank by DGFT Like HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, State Bank of India, UTI Bank, Punjab National Bank, Central Bank etc) or Application fee can deposited by TR6 Challan with Duplicate Copy in any branch of Central Bank of India and TR6 Challan need to be submit along with IEC Code Application.Filing of ApplicationApplication can be filed online in DGFT website. Every application for an Import/Export licence/ certificate/ Authorisation/ permission or any other purpose should be complete in all respects as required under the relevant provisions of the Policy/Procedures and shall be signed by the applicant as defined in paragraph 9.9 of the Policy. An incomplete application is liable to be rejected giving specific reason for rejection. However in case of manual applications, the applicant would furnish a soft copy of the application in MS word format.Profile of Importer/ ExporterEach Importer/Exporter shall be required to file importer/ exporter profile once with the Regional Authority in Part 1 of 'Aayaat Niryaat Form - ANF2A'. Regional Authority shall enter the information furnished in Part 1 of 'Aayaat Niryaat Form ANF-2A' in their database so as to dispense with the need for asking the repetitive information. In case of any change in the information given in Part 1 of 'Aayaat Niryaat Form ANF-2A', importer/exporter shall intimate the same to the Regional Authority.IEC No: Exempted CategoriesThe following categories of importers or exporters are exempted from obtaining Importer - Exporter Code (IEC) number
However, the exemption from obtaining Importer-Exporter Code (IEC) number shall not be applicable for the export of Special Chemicals, Organisms, Materials, Equipments and Technologies (SCOMET) as listed in Appendix- 3, Schedule 2 of the ITC(HS) except in the case of exports by category(ii) above.
- Importers covered by clause 3 (1) [except sub-clauses (e) and (l)] and exporters covered by clause 3(2) [except sub-clauses (i) and (k)] of the Foreign Trade (Exemption from application of Rules in certain cases) Order, 1993.
- Ministries/Departments of the Central or State Government.
- Persons importing or exporting goods for personal use not connected with trade or manufacture or agriculture.
- Persons importing/exporting goods from/to Nepal provided the CIF value of a single consignment does not exceed Indian Rs.25,000.
- Persons importing/exporting goods from/to Myanmar through Indo-Myanmar border areas provided the CIF value of a single consignment does not exceed Indian Rs.25,000.
Guidelines for Application of IEC Code Number.
Mandatory Requirements to apply for IEC Code Number
Check List of Documents to apply for IEC Code
- PAN Number
- Current Bank Account
- Bankers Certificate
- IEC Code Number Application Fee Rs 250.00 (Expert TIP : Pay via EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer ), and submit IEC Online Application form, If you wish to receive IEC Number instantly)
- The physical application containing required documents should reach DGFT RLA concerned within 15 days of its online submission.
- E-mail is not mandatory. If it is provided it will facilitate faster communication.
- Covering Letter on your company's letter head for issue of new IEC Code Number.
- Two copies of the application in prescribed format (Aayaat Niryaat Form ANF 2A) must be submitted to your regional Jt. DGFT Office.
- Each individual page of the application has to be signed by the applicant.
- Part 1 & Part 4 has to be filled in by all applicants. In case of applications submitted electronically.
- No hard copies of Part 1 may be submitted. However in cases where applications are submitted otherwise, hard copy of Part 1has to be submitted.
- Only relevant portions of Part 2 need to be filled in.
- Rs 250.00 Bank Receipt (in duplicate)/Demand Draft/EFT details evidencing payment of application fee in terms of Appendix 21B.
- Certificate from the Banker of the applicant firm in the format given in Appendix 18A.
- Self certified copy of PAN issuing letter or PAN (Permanent Account Number) Card issued by Income Tax Authority.
- Two copies of passport size photographs of the applicant duly attested by the Banker of the applicant.
- Self addresses envelope with Rs.25/- postal stamp for delivery of IEC certificate by registered post or challan/DD of Rs.100/- for speed post.